Want a protein-rich warm dish to keep your meal prep up and to boost your protein target for the day? Then look no further than this delicious high-protein quiche…
It’ll take around 15 mins to prep and another 40 minutes in the oven.
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 Courgette, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (30g) sun-dried tomatoes,
- 1 cup (115g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a pie dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining 3 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the red onion and courgette for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add in the garlic granules and herbs. Stir through and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes until soft, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the cottage cheese, whisk until combined. Next stir through the parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooked vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to the earlier prepared dish. Sprinkle over the crumbled feta cheese and Parmesan and garnish with sliced red onion.
- Place the dish in the hot oven and bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Once baked, set aside to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.